Heroes & Generals : information, news, links, reviews... share
Heroes & Generals is an online war game with multiple game modes accessible from multiple platforms. It is a combined first-person shooter and strategy video game in a World War II setting. Play the game as the hero on the battlefield, the officer making the tactical decisions to win the battle, the general command devising the grand strategy and everything in between. The main part of the game is a team based first-person-shooter, but it ties into a persistent game world. Within the strategy-part of the game, players can move resources around on a strategic world map, and when two Assault Teams meet, the battle between them will be played out as FPS-battles. The strategy part of the game feeds resources into the action game. It will also have a campaign, various vehicles, and various small details which would make it comparable to games such as the Battlefield series or the Call of Duty series.
The Action game is a modern multiplayer First Person Shooter game with multiple game modes, such as assaulting/defending an important strategic area, penetrating behind enemy lines to destroy supplies, gather intelligence or destroy enemy air defenses. Players’ progress, request for reinforcements/air strikes/etc. are fed up through the chain of command to the players playing the strategy game.
The Strategy game lets players enjoy the strategic side of waging war, devise grand plans and manage support, reinforcements and logistics. Set up defenses and plan attacks and support the boys on the ground as they fight their way through the enemy lines.
Handheld and casual games add yet another layer to the fray. From a smartphone or on your favourite social network you can provide valuable support to the war effort. Control your assault teams and reinforce friends, block an enemy pincer-movement etc. In the future we are planning on adding more stand-alone support games that might include; decoding enemy intelligence, executing bombing raids and other ways to support both players playing the action game and the general staff planning the grand strategies.
Whether you are sitting in front of a high-end gaming pc or standing on the bus you can enjoy the game and have fun while doing your part for the war effort.
- Online persistent game-world combining first-person action with strategic control.
- One great war with thousands of participants each playing a role in the war.
- Specialize your character(s) to become a hero or rise to become a commander of armies.
- Fight the war on foot, in vehicles or from the skies.
- New content is constantly being added to the game world.
- Multiplayer First Person Shooter with several gamemodes.
- Action gamemodes feed into the war-server, driving the strategic game of battlefield-logistics, supplylines, production of war-material and conquering of land and resources.
- Your smartphone will keep you in touch with the situation on the battlefield. Issue new orders, move troops, order airstrikes or artillery barrages while you are on the move.