Mortal Online : information, news, links, reviews... share
Mortal Online is a first-person MMORPG in a fantasy setting. There are no PvP zones, only an open realistic world where you are free to choose your own path. Experience true real-time combat where you decide every move your character makes and where your personal skill really matters. Build your own house, or set up a guild to build a keep. With enough power, violence or diplomacy, you and your allies will be able to rule an entire nation. Choose from many different races and professions. You decide your own style of playing and whether to focus on PvP or PvE, both sharing the same game world. Devote your life to crafting, combat, magic or trading. Discover new skills, tools and resources. Or be the first to explore new areas to put your name on the map.
- Ten races with custom bloodlines: In Mortal Online, not only do you choose the race of your character, but you have the ability to mix the bloodlines of up to four races together. This will influence the appearance of your character as well as the skill caps of your avatar.
- Full loot & Full PvP: Life in Mortal Online is dangerous. There are no safe zones or PvP areas. You can attack everybody (and everything) anywhere you want. However, you will have to deal with the consequences. Most of the NPC cities are guarded and local law enforcement does not look kindly on criminals.
- First person only: In Mortal Online you will experience an immersion no other MMO has achieved so far. You see the world through the eyes of your character and experience the world hands on. You don’t play as your character, you are your character.
- Aim-based, real-time combat: We want you and your character to be one. Your skills as a player combined with the skills of your character will determine the outcome of any PvP or PvE fight.
- A true open world: We do not artificially limit your movement in Mortal Online based on “levels” or other arbitrary restrictions. You can roam the world freely and explore the beauties and wonders of Nave. The world can be a dangerous place though so be prepared!
- Non-linear gameplay: Mortal Online is a true sandbox. You are free to do whatever you want, whenever you want. The path your character goes is only chosen by you, not by quest NPCs with shiny question marks over their head. Whether you want to be a ruthless assassin for hire, an honest weapon smith or a bandit living off of other people’s goods, the choice is truly yours. Pick the skills you want, train them (both passively and actively) and develop your character in any direction you wish.
- Open Skill system – no classes: In Mortal Online you do not pick a class that defines and limits your path, you create your own “build” based on what you want to do. You have 1000 skill points to spend on your primary skills and full freedom to progress your secondary skills.
- Dualistic skill progression: You skills are trained in two ways, passively (by reading a book) and actively, by using them. As your character shapes its path in Mortal Online he automatically gets better at what he does, but you have full control over the skill you want to learn and train or unlearn to develop your character in a different direction.
- No instances, no loading in game: A fully streaming world: In Mortal Online you play together with everybody else on one big server. The entire game world is streamed seamlessly so you will never encounter a loading screen in the game.
- Farthest viewing distance ever seen in an MMORPG: In Mortal Online, you can see as far as the human eye and weather conditions allow. If you were to climb a mountain on a clear day and turn your gaze to the scenery below, you may see as far as the environment allows, often a distance of many kilometers.
- FFA-Structures: Around the entire world you will find foundations of structures yet to be build. Some can even be of great strategic importance. Band together with your friends or your guild and construct bridges, palisades and more ¬- or burn them down to deny the enemy and advantage.
- History doesn’t repeat itself: Is your goal to face a legendary monster? Well, that is usually suicide – if you can find one. But if your guild would actually manage to kill one, it’s dead. Gone. Rare monsters and quests do not resurrect or come again, whether it’s an ancient beast, a crumbling temple, an island rising out of the sea or a great ritual that fails or succeeds.
- Guild warfare & territory control: Your guild managed to construct a massive keep. Now it is time to take control over the land. The world is divided into numerous zones (each with two or more keeps). Only a guild with a keep will be able to claim official ownership over a specific zone. Once established you will be able to tax the owners of each house in your territory. Be wary though, the keep only grants you the right to do this, the people living under your rule have to accept you though.
- Fishing: Tired of spilling the blood of your enemies? Why not relax at the Meduli pier for a few hours and fish. Mortal Online’s fishing system is not only fun and relaxing but offers a level of detail and complexity that is outstanding. Not only is the equipment you use (rod, line, hook and bait) a big factor, but also your character’s skill as well as your skill as a player.
- Myrland, a 64km2 continent: From the sandy beaches of Meduli and the frozen tundra of the high Talus Mountains down to the lush jungles of the Stairs of Echidna, Myrland is a vast continent with a wide variety of geographical landforms.